This is the detailed version of the 25 things post that I was tagged in on Facebook. The copy on Facebook are merely one-liners (or two), but here is the detailed version for those who are really interested.
1. While I’ve dated twice prior a certain day, in my mind, I believe that I only have one ex-boyfriend. In my eyes, a person that I’ve dated receives the title ex-boyfriend if we’ve lost all hope in communication or in being on a civil basis.
2. I like giving hugs as much as receiving them. To me, I can feel the sincerity and aura of a person through the hugs I give and receive. Moreover, hugs give me the feeling that I am safe.
3. I got into anime during the summer before first year high school when I stumbled upon Black Cat on Animax. Prior to that, I was not aware of the existence of anime except Pokemon. Therefore, please do not ask me what anime series that I’ve watched when I was a kid. I will flat out tell you that I wasn’t enlightened by awesomeness at that age.
4. I am grade-observant rather than grade-conscious. Grade-conscious (GC) has been defined as a person who constantly keeps his grades in check and making that they are high. Grade-observant, a term I conjured up while writing this, is being watchful of the grades received and gauging if the effort I placed in the subject matches the grade that I received. In gauging, the teaching abilities of the teacher in question are factored in.
5. I think the best color combination is orange and blue. I love their polarity and placing them together works wonders in highlighting each others strong points as a color. I’d add green to the mix so that my three favorite colors are all together, but it has to be specific shades for it to work.
6. Being perpetually fetched at 6pm started in second year high school. The aforementioned time has continue until college, which has caused me to schedule all my classes in the afternoon. I’m actually more attentive in the afternoon amidst the yawning that I exhibit during class.
7. The best English band, so far, that I’ve been introduced to (by a friend) is Cute Is What We Aim For. It is my feel good song and something that never fails to cheer me up when I’m down or to get me into a momentum (that doesn’t academics).
8. My twitter handle, Thoriumea, has multiple back stories. There was one day that all the chemistry majors decided to change their twitter names to an element. I picked Thorium because its symbol is Th. Another was my Ch11 professor remembers names through codes and he connected mine to Thor cause Thea and the queen of Thor had a connection (obviously didn’t watch Thor). It ended up sticking.
9. My 14-year old brother is way taller than me. Last my family checked, he was 5’10”. I am 5’2″ and 18-years old. Do you not see that height deficiency of mine?
10. For wordpress posts, I have to finish them in one sitting or I end up scrapping them or neglecting them or at worse, forgetting all about them. My drafts folder in wordpress currently contains a very overdue chapter 9 of Trial of a Dreamless.
11. In the anime world, I’ve got a soft spot for the idol genre— series that are focused on idols or singing. I think it started with Macross Frontier and from there, I started appreciating such series. However, if the first episode doesn’t sell me, I’m quick to drop it. My reaction to singing series are very polar. I either love it or hate it. I really loved Macross Frontier and AKB0048 amidst the insanity of the concept behind it.
12. I sleep with four pillows. I’d sleep with 4 more pillows (the throw pillow kind), but my mom has been complaining that there’s too many things on my bad and that the pillows might suffocate me. The numerous pillows shows that I prefer having company even though I don’t like being around people.
13. I am an ISTP— Introverted, Sensing, Thinking, Perceiving. The problem with this type? It happens to be the most confusing to understand because certain characteristics run counter to each other. I love being an ISTP.
14. My parents are very clingy and do not want to admit that they don’t want me to have a boyfriend because they’re scared of losing me. Their usual cover up is that boys are a distraction from academics. Hi, most of my friends are male, so what is that supposed to mean?
15. I do not like having long hair because my hair is thick. I already feel the heat due to it when my hair is at shoulder length. In addition, I have difficulty falling asleep or returning to sleep when I have long hair. It just feels uncomfortable.
16. Apparently, I have hipster anime preferences since I know a series such as Ga-Rei. Well, I first encountered it as an anime, Ga-Rei ~Zero~. It wasn’t notable in plot, but in the supernatural-action moments. I have yet to find a place to read the manga.
17. I like it when people play with my hair or caress it even when it’s short. It calms me down and is actually a good way to make me fall asleep. Maybe that’s why I like playing with people’s hair or messing with other people’s hair. Hair relaxes me.
18. I have a knack of learning the basic skills behind playing instruments. In addition, I am able to imagine how a certain piece should be played. However, I lack the focus to completely learn an instrument. The only instrument that I can play is the piano and I don’t take that seriously either.
19. I like stuffed toy/plushies. I prefer having eccentric animals though… and dogs… and bears… especially dogs & bears. I have a pig, a tiger, a wombat, and a panda. I used to collect until I realized that I don’t have much space.
20. I like doing organization work and non-academic projects, such as Population GO, because it makes me feel busy and alive. It makes me feel that I have a purpose in life. However, I dislike it when they, somehow, find themselves pilling up on one day in a week or one week in a month.
21. I do not like mangoes. Enough said.
22. There was a time in my grade school life wherein I was good at the crane game in gaming places such as Timezone and Powerstation. I lost all skill when I transferred to Pisay.
23. I do not have a desk or a table in my room. I also do not have a study area or a study table in any other room in my house. My bed is 2/3 for sleeping and 1/3 for anything that’ll be needed when I study.
24. The two reasons I decided to go to Ateneo were my scholarship and the org life. After a year of studying in Ateneo, I still stick by those reasons with the addition that I’ve been granted a chance to pursue my love for International Relations by the Political Science Department
25. I have recently decided to stop hiding topics/issues from my parents due to certain someone’s influence. I have yet to see if it will work out for the better, but I surely hope it does.